Thank you for Volunteering to be the Manager for your team this season.
You are a pivotal role within the Grimshaw Minor Hockey organization and are contributing to the success of your team.
Season Start Up
All Coaches, Mangers, Trainers and anyone on the ice or on the bench to help will need appropriate coaching requirements and need to sign up online and be approved by GMHA- Online Coaching Application
- Plan to have a meeting between yourself, head coach and assistant coaches ASAP to discuss duties, expectations, plans for the season and philosophy of how the team will be run.
- Discuss with Coaches expectations of Parents in the dressing room before and after games/practices.
- Decide how to communicate with your team - TEAM SNAP, RAMP TEAM APP, EMAIL, ect.
- Organize a Parent/Coaches meeting after the first or second practice. Send out an agenda- Sample Agenda
- After the team meeting send of copy of the meeting minutes to GHMA secretary to be distributed to the coach coordinator.
- Address whether or not your team will be ordering team apparel
- Discuss fundraising. Fundraising raffles require a lottery license from Alberta Gaming and Liquor contact our fundraising coordinator
- Establish the Chain of Communication with your team (Parent - Manager - Coach) with the 24 hr rule.
- Decide how many tournaments to enter. Typically teams will do 1 travel tournament, and 1 local tournament.
- Assign Volunteer roles (some suggested roles: first aid, box officials - 2 for each game, tournament liaison, and fundraiser coordinator - These are NOT association credited)
- Assign Jersey #’s to players. You can do based on size or jersey # requests
- Ensure that medical forms are filled out, and keep a copy with you at all times. It is also recommended that a second set of forms be kept with the Coaches. Review medical sheets and watch for players with allergies or other medical conditions and make Coaches aware.Medical Form
- To save time at games do up roster stickers for game sheets. Players are to be listed in numerical order, with Goalies being first. Gamesheet Label
- Any exemptions or release forms keep with both sets of medical sheets
- Input game sheets on the Ramp Website- Instructions are found here